In between practicing my presentation based on some empirical findings (!) and playing with photographs of cycling adventures (see below slide) for my presentation, I have been packing for the trip. I'm never good at last minute packing so need to pack my bags a few days in advance, then re-pack before I leave, taking out things I won't end up needing. Some essentials will never make my cull list though and these are:
- business cards (thanks Mac Uni);
- lap top/notebook to type up any notes I write whilst at a conference (add a notepad and pens there too) - I can not read my own handwriting after a few days now;
- a book to read for pleasure - this is something I have been looking forward to since the end of the summer holidays and will be devouring every page I can;
- hand cream/face cream because sitting in a climate controlled room for four days dries you out;
- running shoes - for fast walks around the conference venue city or for jumping on an Adelaide free city bike and going for a spin!!!; and
- knitting ** not at all essential but is my back up in case I finish my book and it's raining.